WALKER FAMILY SERVICES
PSYCHOSOCIAL REHABILITATIONPsychosocial Rehabilitation Services are designed to help our clients with disabilities increase their functioning by learning the necessary skills to become confident and self-sufficient through:
– Communication Skills
– Positive Thinking Skills
– Focusing Skills
– Anger Management Skills
– Parental Skill Building
COMMUNITY-BASED TREATMENTCommunity Psychiatric Supportive Treatment helps families meet the challenges of youth with emotional or behavioral problems through services that include, but are not limited to:
– Individual and family counseling
– Symptom monitoring
– On-going assessment of needs
– Linkage to appropriate resources in the community
MEDICATION MANAGEMENTMedication Management, for many of our clients, is an important tool for developing and maintaining stable mental and behavioral health. Walker Family Services can provide a variety of services to support medication management including, but not limited to:
– Educating the client and their family on the proper dosage, frequency and side effects of prescribed medications. Read more by clicking the link.
Results from our Strategic Plan
- We are State Licensed
- We currently offer services in 6 Parishes.
- We meet with Stakeholders quarterly to assure inclusion.
- We now welcome online referrals, Web generated assessments.
2016: Improved Client Outcomes
2016: Growth in financial resources for infrastructure development
2017: Improved Client Outcomes
2017: Growth in financial resources for infrastructure development
2018: Improved Client Outcomes
2018: Growth in financial resources for infrastructure development
Walker family services is a community-based behavioral health agency serving at-risk youth and their families with comprehensive mental health therapy which assists them in identifying and reaching their goals.